PSSLD Participates in the Annual Meeting of SAASL
Sixth annual meeting of the South Asian Association for the Study of the Liver (SAASL) and fist International Conference of the Nepalese Association for the Study of the Liver (NASL) was held in Kathmandu at Hotel Annapurna, on July 13-14 2018. The theme of the conference was “Alcoholic liver disease”. It was a great academic feast and eminent speakers from South Asian region and abroad attended the meeting. PSSLD actively participated in the meeting. The scientific program focused on latest developments in alcoholic liver diseases, hepatitis B, C, hepatocellular carcinoma etc. State of Art lectures were delivered by eminent international speakers. This scientific meeting broadened the clinical knowledge in liver diseases. Highlights of the meeting were presidential lecture by Dr. Saeed Hamid, the President of SAASL and State of the Art Lecture by Dr. Wasim Jafri. In the inaugural ceremony, Dr. Wasim Jafri was honored with the Life Time Achievement Award of SAASL. This award was conferred by the Honorable Prime Minister of the Nepal, His Excellency. Khadga Prasad Oli. List of the Names of the Faculty from Pakistan and titles of their presentation is given:
- The State of Liver Disease in South Asia: What are we doing about it?
- Eradication of HCV: Myth or Reality
- DAA and common drug interactions.
- NAFLD related Cirrhosis in Diabetic- Therapeutic options
- Monitoring surrogates of HBV: DNA/ mRNA/ qHBsAg
- Exercise and Dietary intervention in NAFLD: How to be precise?
- Decompensated HCV Cirrhosis: Have DAAs Improved Transplant Free Survival?